- 1lb - Cut baby carrots, sliced
- 3Tbs - Butter
- 3Tbs - Diced onion
- 4Cups - Concentrated chicken stock or broth
- 2 Tbs - Traditional Pepper Jam
- 2 Slices - White sandwich bread, crusts removed, cubed and slightly dried
- Oyster Crackers (Optional Garnish)
- Heat the butter in a large pot.
- Cook the carrots and onions until soft.
- Add the stock or broth, Traditional PepperJam and bread.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a food processor.
- If soup is too thick, thin with additional broth or stock.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with oyster crackers.